Monday, November 25, 2013

Saved by the dog


"Since when do we put a hot pot on the countertop without a trivet?

I am speechless. It is lecture time and “I didn’t mean too,” I say, when I am really thinking, big whoop. But I don’t say a word and he rants on. This and that. That and this.


Go outside and the let crisp air hit you smack in the face when it is three below. Hang onto the dog leash for dear life and pray for answers. In a minute, you will not feel the tips of your fingers. This is why it is paramount for your furry friend to poop without prodding and for you to think about a warm moment – bare feet on concrete, heat rushing up your legs, through your body – while the November frost begins to numb your brain. 

Upon your return indoors, a sudden calmness sweeps over the home. The pink compliments your complexion and your husband swoops in for a kiss.

“Sorry, I yelled.”

“It’s ok,” you say.

It is not the first time my dog has saved me. It will not be the last.  

No comments:

Post a Comment